Sunday, November 27, 2011

Old Hollywood Headlines #2

And here we are with out second addition of Old Hollywood Headlines. This hasn't exactly worked out as a weekly write up, so I wont continue to promise that it will be, but I hope you enjoy!



Blame Mame

001. I do want to apologize for the lack of updates, but a few things have happened in my personal life and I have been without a computer. I will try to stop by here as much as possible, but it is hard to update from an iPhone. 



002. And as usual, don't forget to 'Like' Blame Mame over on Facebook!



► Blogospshere
 
001. Over on Facebook, Comet Over Hollywood shared a rare screen test Judy Garland did for the 1967 film Valley Of The Dolls. The role later went to Susan Hayward, and from what Jessica  said... it was for the best. Nonetheless, it is fun to see Judy in these very candid shots. Check it out here.
 
002. Angela over at The Hollywood Revue continues to highlighting 30 Pre-Code films in 30 days. She even mentioned one of my favorites, the Norma Shearer film The Divorcee and even got me wanting to see in the 1930 Joan Crawford film Paid!

003. There is still time to get your posts ready for Bette's Classic Movie Blog's Classic Moustaches For Movember Blogathon! I've already completed my entry about the great Clark Gable and his fine piece of facial hair.

004. Speaking of Blogathons, over at The Scarlett Olive, you can check out all of the contributions to the For The Boys Blogathon. It's interesting to see so much testosterone on the usually very feminine classic film blog... which is the point of this blogathon. Make sure to check out my post about 3 of Hitchcock's films... what else would a boy need?

005. On the Movies Unlimited site MovieFanFare, there is an article about which films should be shown to young people to keep their interest. I replied on their Facebook with Gentlemen Prefer Blondes for the ladies and North By Northwest for the guys. Do you guys have any suggestions? Which films would you show people my age (early twenties) to get them interested in those 'boring old movies'?

► Reel Life

001. As I am sure most of you know, the new motion picture My Week With Marilyn starring Michelle Williams as the most famous of all of the blonde bombshells came out on November 23rd. From what has been said about the film, Williams gives quite a performance and gives life to the often misunderstood star. It just started playing here in New Orleans on Friday, so I definitely will have to check it out ASAP. [PS. You may have noticed I changed the picture on this layout to honor this new film and the star it is based on]

If you want to see the film for yourself, check out MovieTickets.com!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you are able get your computer fixed soon. I'm enjoying the Old Hollywood Headlines posts.

    ReplyDelete