Here we are again with another addition to the Old Hollywood Headlines series. As usual, there is a little bit of everything dealing with Old Hollywood. From the blog, to fellow bloggers, to my reel life... I hope you guys are enjoying these posts!
► BLAME MAME
001. I've made a few new posts recently, so if you haven't checked those out, please make sure to! I wrote about Cecil Beaton's photo shoot with the lovely Marilyn Monroe in 1956 and I explained where my interest in Classic Hollywood came from in Part 2 of Who What Where When Why.
002. I know my film reviews have been far between each other, but that is because I haven't had much time to watch all the films I would like to. The only film I have watched since Thanksgiving is What A Wonderful Life (1946), so there will definitely be a review of that film soon. I started watching the Jean Harlow picture Reckless (1935) and the Rita Hayworth film Tonight and Every Night (1945), but I seem to keep falling asleep before I can finish them. Maybe one of these days.
003. Last month Blame Mame was accepted into the Classic Movie Blog Association! That is pretty exciting for me because I missed the deadline last year to apply, so I am glad my blog was liked enough to be voted into the group. If you have a classic Hollywood blog and would like to become apart of the CMBA, check them out here.
001. I would like to thank Classic Movies for highlighting my Monroe/Beaton post on their Classic Links post!
002. Rianna over at Frankly, My Dear is hosting the Classic Film Survey. There are 15 questions to answer about many subject of old Hollywood. I think Blame Mame will definitely take part in it! If you are interested in doing to the survey yourself, please visit Rianna!
003. Blame Mame would like to wish The Hollywood Revue a very Happy 2nd Blogaversary! Here's to many more years of blogging and fun events like the Fashion in Film Blogathon!
004. Comet Over Hollywood highlights some of the lowlights of old Hollywood dye job on their Hair To Dye For post... some of my favorite are on the list: Rita, Cyd, Jane
005. Classic Film and TV Cafe is hosting the Classic Movie Dogathon. So if you love classic movies and pooches... check it out!
► REEL LIFE
001. I have made quite a few classic Hollywood purchases in the last few weeks, but I have to say my favorite is the book Marilyn Monroe: Metamorphosis by David Will. The large picture book is filled with gorgeous pictures that seem to jump from the pages. It is obvious the author put a lot of time in to finding the best quality images for this book because I've never seen some of them in the quality you find in this book. If you haven't seen it yet, it is worth the stop at the local book store!
002. If you remember a few weeks I talked about not being able to watch my Jean Harlow DVD collection because my DVD player gave me an error. Well after doing a little research online, it seems Warner Archive put a block on the disc so it cant be read on players with burners. Luckily my dad has a cheapy DVD player and I have borrowed that to watch them... not that I have been able to watch one yet.