Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Old Hollywood Headlines #4

So here we are in 2012... where has the time gone? I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! My holiday season was filled with new adventures, meeting new people, and overall good times. Since Thanksgiving my personal life has changed beyond anything I imagined it would be. I have discovered so many things I didn't know I would enjoy so much and I have met many wonderful people that have shown me how life can really be. Along with that, I have to a degree put my blog on the back burner, and for that, I am sorry. I can see from the stats on blogger that you guys are still stopping by and that itself is enough motivation to keep it going! So without further adieu... how about some Old Hollywood Headlines?
 


Blame Mame

001. If you haven't already, please join Blame Mame over on Facebook!


Blogosphere

001. Ever wanted to see some of Alfred Hitchcock's famous films be the theme of a Vanity Fair shoot? Well look no further than Elisa's Classic Films to see the shoot that was featured in the March 2008 issue. I am sure most of you have seen these, but they were new to me... I always love to see how 'new' Hollywood tries so hard to capture the essence of old Hollywood.
 
Part 01 | 02 | 03 | 04 | 05 | 06 | 07 08 09 10

002. Over on Another Old Movie Blog, the 1952 Jane Russell film Las Vegas Story gets reviews. I am little jealous because I need to see this film as part of my Jane Russell Filmography Project, but have been unable to find it anywhere to view. If you have any hints as to where I can find it, please let me know!

003. Comet Over Hollywood has announded a blogathon that will take place in March. The blogathon is titled Gone Too Soon and will feature posts about actors who died before the age of 50. I will have a hard time chosing between writing about Jean Harlow, Marilyn Monroe, or Jayne Mansfield. -rubs chin- Guess we'll see what happens in March!

004. Carole Lombard was known for having a potty mouth... The Scarlett Olive shared a video highlighting her infamous mouth in outtakes/bloopers from My Man Godfrey.
 
Reel Life

One day while exploring the New Orleans Riverwalk, I came across a store called Retro Road Trip. From the front door I could see merchandise with the likes of Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Wizard of Oz and so much more... there was no way I could NOT go in! It was a really fun gift shop with tshirts and gadgets featuring some of your favorite retro characters and celebs. I suprisingly left with nothing in hand, I had to be good. Especially after my last two trips to Barnes and Noble. Haha!

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment