Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jayne Mansfield Makes It!

I guess you could say I have been on a blonde bombshell kick lately. I've been enjoying the likes of Marilyn Monroe and the lovely Jayne Mansfield. There is something about the style of these 50's blonde actresses. Although I have only seen Jayne Mansfield in one film, she is grown to be one of my favorite actresses of the Golden Era of Hollywood. With a film like The Girl Can't Help It, she doesn't need any others to qualify in my book. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see more of her films.



Something I have recently rediscovered is Jayne's hip, swinging tune That Makes It from the 1966 film Las Vegas Hillbillies. In the song Jayne coos about the type of man she wants and the type that 'makes it' happen for her. She wants a man with dark hair that moves and grooves. 

In the video Jayne is seen twisting and swaying her hips to this groovy track, while she talks on the phone. The look on her face says she is a girl who knows what she wants and wont except anything else...

No comments:

Post a Comment